Jason R. Latham is a Las Vegas-based digital marketing professional and freelance writer whose byline has been featured in Vegas Magazine, Las Vegas Weekly, The Hollywood Reporter, Women’s Wear Daily, M Life Magazine, Sophisticated Living, and Vegas Seven, among others. He got into the writing game after spending a decade-plus doing television news in Las Vegas for KVVU-TV and KVBC-TV (now KSNV-TV). Jason is the founder of STRUT Stories, a marketing and communications studio specializing in brand journalism, corporate copywriting, and content strategy; and he serves as Associate Producer and copywriter for Venganza Media’s Now Playing Podcast.
By Jason Latham
- Las Vegas’ Best Acts Are On Display At Life Is BeautifulBy: Jason R. Latham There will come a point, during the first, second, or third night of Life Is Beautiful, when you are hauling ass through the streets of downtown, trying to make it to the stage before your favorite Vegas-based act takes the stage. You might be running. You might be doing that thing … Read more
- Crafting Beautiful Connections: A Conversation with Beth Balentine-FuhrmannBy: Jason R. Latham Beth Balentine-Fuhrmann wants to see your pics and videos. As Life Is Beautiful’s Director of Strategic Partnerships, she has the front row seat to the immersive and over-the-top brand installations that festival goers use as backdrops to fill their feeds. Seeing the results sprinkled across social media is her favorite part … Read more
- Kindness Is Beautiful: A Conversation with Merideth SpriggsBy: Jason R. Latham When the gates open at Life Is Beautiful and festival goers pour into an 18-block area of Downtown Las Vegas, it’s easy to overlook the fact that tens of thousands of people are essentially moving in. This isn’t the Black Rock Desert or even the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Downtown is … Read more
- A Slice of Life is Beautiful: A Conversation with Chef Vincent RotoloBy: Jason R. Latham Despite what your friends tell you, there is no correlation between sex and pizza. When sex is bad, it’s still pretty good. At least that’s what I heard. When pizza is bad, it’s bad. There’s no coming back from a lousy sauce or a gooey or cardboard crust. And that’s what … Read more
- What Beautiful Tastes Like: A Conversation with Sharee MacyBy: Jason R. Latham Curating a culinary program for a festival that runs three days and spans 18 city blocks takes more effort than calling in a few food trucks. This year’s Life Is Beautiful food and beverage lineup – a cornucopia of more than 50 vendors spanning all flavors and tastes – is the … Read more
- Stars In the Making: A Conversation with Pure SportBy: Jason R. Latham Las Vegas has a reputation for minting music stars. It’s not necessary to go through the list, as we already know their names. Instead, let’s focus on the name that’s on the verge of discovery, the winner of the 2023 Life Is Beautiful Rising Stars Competition, the three-piece punk rock group … Read more
- Market for the Masses: A Conversation with Jen TalerBy: Jason R. Latham If Life Is Beautiful were just a collection of stages scattered around Downtown Las Vegas, few festival goers would anticipate much change beyond the lineups. Yet, over the past decade, this 18-block expanse has evolved, growing beyond the expectations of its founders and absorbing more of the Las Vegas community into … Read more
- Living the Dream of Your Younger Self: A Conversation with Eric VozzolaBy: Jason R. Latham So much of Eric Vozzola’s artistic journey has been influenced by his work with Life Is Beautiful. As the 10th iteration of the festival draws closer, Vozzola is reflecting on how the partnership has empowered him to embrace more audacious and expansive artistic ideas, not to mention how it has granted … Read more
- Better Together: A Conversation with LIB Art Curators Jess and Elliott Demlow“The most satisfying part has been being able to work with my partner and do what we love: bringing art and people together,” Jess says.