Tickets to Lil Wayne’s show start at $150
After all these years, who knew so many people were missing “The Matrix“? Not only are we getting a fourth “Matrix” film – “The Matrix: Resurrections” – in December, but the nostalgia train is leaving the station early with a “Matrix”-themed Halloween weekend at Drai’s Nightclub on the Las Vegas Strip.
In your mind, a “Matrix” party might look something like the Zion rave/orgy scene from “The Matrix Reloaded.” Surely, Drai’s has at least half of that in mind – think green lights, black leather costumes, and throngs of thirsty revelers packed in front of the stage for two nights of live hip-hop courtesy of Grammy nominee Jeezy and Grammy winner Lil Wayne.
Jeezy goes first, on Friday, October 29, with the artist affectionately known as Weezy to follow on Saturday, October 30. Halloween falls on a Sunday this year, but that doesn’t mean the party will stop, as resident artist DJ Franzen hosts a “SunDrais” party on October 31.
Tickets to Jeezy’s show start at $40 and can be purchased via the Drai’s website. Tickets to Lil Wayne’s show start at $150. So, that’s the red pill/blue pill decision you face. Which one will you take? Or will you take both?
It can be tempting to go full-out Morpheus and wear a long, black trench coat or do Trinity’s all-black skintight leather suit, but you’ve got to consider the circumstances. It’s hot on that dance floor, and where are you gonna put that coat? Also, we’ve seen how things can go awry when leather pants are involved, so avoid a “paste pants” situation and go with some of these ideas:
- Kung Fu Gi: Like Neo and Morpheus in the training dojo, you can show up in a nice, loose-fitting gi and breathe easy all night.
- Zion Rave/Orgy Attire: You saw all those people grinding on each other, they were barely wearing anything? Black leather is the outfit of choice when you’re in the Matrix. Once you’ve woken up you’re free to dress in less.
- ‘Mr. Anderson’ Suit: A nice black suit never goes out of style, and you won’t sweat as hard as you might wearing skintight leather.
- Persephone Dress: Remember that white dress Monica Bellucci wore in “The Matrix Reloaded”? It’ll look good on you.
- Red Pill/Blue Pill: Just dress up as a pill. It’ll be big, bulky, and hard to dance. But you’ll have people coming up to you all night asking, “I wonder what you taste like?”
The Party Continues
Jeezy and Lil Wayne are closing out a busy month of hip-hop at Drai’s, a month that has already featured Wiz Khalifa, Nelly, TIP Harris, Gucci Mane, and Ludacris. It gets wilder in November, when the club welcomes back Lil Baby, DaBaby, Rick Ross, Chase B, and Fabolous, among others.
Drai’s Beachclub and Nightclub is located 11 stories high on the rooftop of The Cromwell with dazzling views of the Las Vegas Strip.
Beachclub: A 30,000-square-foot oasis with multiple pools shaded by 10 towering palm trees, a variety of cabanas and bungalows, and two full-service bars.
Nightclub: A 25,000-square-foot palatial, multi-level club with an expansive dance floor, massive LED lighting systems, and modern technology featuring more than 7,000 square feet of the most state-of-the-art high-definition LEDs in production, including a towering 80-sided LED disco ball – the only one of its kind.
Beats: Drai’s Nightclub is home to Drai’s LIVE, an unprecedented concert series that provides fans with the opportunity to see full-length performances from the likes of Wiz Khalifa, Future, 2 Chainz, Nelly, and other resident artists in an up-close setting unlike anything else in the world.
Nightclub Hours: 10 p.m. to 3 a.m. Friday through Sunday
Tickets and Table Reservations: draisgroup.com
Follow: @draislv, @draisbeachclub
CLICK to follow us on Google News and never miss a story!