Sip the Witch's Brew at The Underground
The Underground at The Mob Museum is getting even more haunting than usual. All throughout this month the speakeasy will be offering live music, limited-edition cocktails, and other Halloween-themed festivities.
Free live entertainment will be on selected Fridays and Saturdays from 8 p.m. to midnight at The Underground Speakeasy and distillery. Listen to the smooth sounds inspired by the Jazz Age from local talents.
Images from Underground @ The Mob Museum Instagram
Entertainers include: The Volsteads, a trio playing acoustic Depression-era blues; Amanda King, performing a creative interpretation of jazz and cabaret music; The Gatsy Gang, transports guests back in time with music inspired by the Roaring 20s to the 50s; Red Penny Arcade, a quartet capturing audiences with their range of music delivering popular tunes from different eras in a 1920s-40s style; and Colte Julian, tickles the ivories playing unique renditions of classic songs. Below is the show schedule for October:
Friday, October 8 – The Volsteads
Saturday, October 9 – Amanda King
Friday, October 15 – The Volsteads
Saturday, October 16 – The Gatsby Gang
Friday, October 22 – Red Penny Arcade
Saturday, October 23 – Colte Julian
Friday, October 29 – Amanda King
Saturday, October 30 – The Gatsby Gang
- All October long the Underground will be serving two seasonally-appropriate cocktails: The Witch’s Brew, prepared with gin, Chartreuse, absinthe, citrus and basil and A Murder of Crows made with whisky, citrus, amaro and grenadine.
- In honor of National Vodka Day from October 4 to October 10, enjoy an Eastside Cocktail made with vodka, cucumber, mint and lime.
- This month’s curated whiskey tasting will be October 13 and will feature Whistle Pig Rye Whiskey accompanied by delicious bites.
- For the month of October, guests who send $75 or more on food and beverages at The Underground receive a free 50mL bottle of The Mob Museum’s Moonshine.
- The Underground will be introducing its new Fall Giggle Water with ginger and chamomile-infused vodka, Lillet Blanc, lemon juice, simple syrup and champagne garnished with candied ginger Monday through Wednesday throughout October.
- Celebrate Halloween at The Underground free of charge when guests use the password “heebie-jeebies on the 30th. Featuring a costume contest with prizes for the best 1920’s look starting at 9 p.m.