Celebrate local culinary talents while helping better the community
By Melissa Gill | Las Vegas, NV | Feast of Friends
Foodies mark your calendars for Saturday, October 16 from 8 p.m. until midnight as Vegas Unstripped returns to the Downtown Las Vegas Arts District, illuminating the local cuisine scene by inviting the community to experience an extraordinary food festival.
Vegas Unstripped, an independent, non-profit event orchestrated by Feast of Friends celebrates and unites the most talented culinary experts in town. This is the only festival in the valley run by chefs, for chefs and highlights over 20 passionate culinary creators. Today Off the Strip chatted with some of the chef participants as they announced their 2021 chef lineup.
“I’m really excited because I’m among friends. I haven’t decided [on] a menu [yet], but I know I want to make it awesome because all the other chefs [will]. No pressure,” says Chef Keris Kurana of Keris Sweets.
Winner of Chopped, Beat Bobby Flay and Esquire’s Knife Fight, Chef Bruce Kalman of Soulbelly BBQ also expressed enthusiasm.
“I’m excited to just be a part of this whole project that’s going on. It’s probably the most tight knit restaurant/business community as a whole. It’s really special.”
This year’s Vegas Unstripped 2021 participating chefs:
- Oscar Amador – EDO Tapas; 2018 Restaurant Of The Year, Desert Companion
- Geno Bernardo – The Summit Club; (formerly of Herringbone, 50 Essential Restaurants by Eating Las Vegas)
- Johnny Church – Chopped winner
- John Arena – Metro Pizza; World Pizza Champions US Team
- Francesco Di Caudo – 2017 Chef of the Year, Desert Companion
- Sonia El-Nawal – Rooster Boy Cafe; Chopped Finalist
- Justin Kingsley Hall – Main St. Provisions; 2021 Staff Pick – Best New Comfort Food, Las Vegas Weekly
- Brian Howard – Sparrow + Wolf; 2018 Chef of the Year Desert Companion
- Bruce Kalman – SoulBelly BBQ; Winner of Chopped, Beat Bobby Flay, and Esquire’s Knife Fight.
- Keris Kuwana – Keris Sweets
- Gary FX LaMorte – Honest Hospitality; (formerly Vice President, Michael Mina restaurant group)
- Jimmy Li – Shanghai Taste
- Gina Marinelli – La Strega
- Marc Marrone – Graffiti Bao, SkinnyFats; (formerly West Coast Corporate Executive Chef, TAO Group)
- Gio Mauro – Pizzeria Monzu; 2021 Reader’s Choice – Best Pizzeria, Las Vegas Weekly
- Matt Meyer – Served
- Floriana Pastore – Signora Pizza; 2015 The Best of The Best Champion, International Pizza Expo
- Ralph Perrazzo – Snap-O-Razzo
- Michael Stamm – MGP Specialty Food Food, Cured & Whey
- Jackson Stamper – Ada’s Wine Bar; Best New Wine Bar, Vegas Magazine
- Jamie Tran – The Black Sheep
- James Trees – Esther’s Kitchen, Al Solito Posto, Ada’s Wine Bar; 2020 James Beard Award Finalist
- Michael Vakneen – Pop Up Pizza, The Hamsa Brand; Top 5 Pizza Maker in the Caputo Cup Awards
- Khai Vu – District One, Le Pho; 2018 Restaurateur of the Year, Desert Companion
- Steve Young – Al Solito Posto; Spotlighted in Time Magazine’s “World’s Greatest Places 2021 – Las Vegas”
Tickets to Vegas Unstripped 2021 are currently available at $95, but the price will go up on September 2. For the event, all the chefs, wait staff, bartenders and organizers are volunteers to keep the festivities costs at a more affordable rate.
Additional details on beverage participants, sponsorships and other culinary partners will be announced later.
Net proceeds from this event will go to benefitting local charities that care for the homeless and the name of the charities have not yet been announced.
For more information and to purchase tickets, visit Vegas Unstripped’s website.
CLICK to follow us on Google News and never miss a story!