Talented chef duo host “Voltaggio at Bellagio” pop-up from January 14-16
As two of the most notable toques to ever come through the Top Chef kitchens the Voltaggio brothers need no introduction.
While that statement carries gravitas, head judge Tom Collichio himself even said, “Out of all the cooks that have come through the show, Michael [who edged out his brother in for the win in the season six finale] is the most talented—both from a sensibility and technical standpoint. He has the chops to pull off what he’s trying to do.”
Michael and Bryan have gone on to garner accolades from Mobil Five-Star, AAA Five-Diamond, the Michelin guide, GQ (restaurant of the year) and the James Beard Foundation.
So it’s a big deal when word came that the duo would host “Voltaggio at Bellagio” pop-up from January 14-16.
The brothers already launched Voltaggio Brothers Steakhouse five years ago at MGM National Harbor, so a Vegas expansion of their brand seems fitting. During this limited run expect a modern Italian, a la carte styled menu. Highlights will include:
- Smoked Tuna Carpaccio: blood orange agrodolce, cippolini onions, pumpkin seeds
- Macaroni Salad: sea urchin cream, blue crab, caviar, “Italian breadcrumbs”
- Rosemary Focaccia: whipped mortadella, ricotta
- Ink Orecchiette: calamari bolognese, fried squid, fennel pollen
- Truffle Risotto: whipped mascarpone, black winter truffle, smoked parmesan
- Bistecca alla Fiorentina: aged beef porterhouse, castelvetrano olive caponata
- Waffle Cone Cannoli: genduja chocolate, pistachio, cocoa nibs