Earn college cred while staying at a Las Vegas hotel
Attention undergraduate students! Station Casinos is seeking candidates for the 2022 Summer Internship program. The paid internship offers $15 per hour and experience working with seasoned professionals in the hospitality and gaming industry.
Station Casinos is a family-owned business that has been a leader in their industry for 45 years. “Las Vegas Review-Journal” recently awarded the gaming employer as Nevada’s Top Workplace. Aside from their strong local roots, there are many benefits included in this internship.
Summer 2022 Internship Benefits
Selected interns get paid $15 per hour with a maximum workload of 40 hours per week during the 12-week development program.
This also includes housing at one of the following Station Casinos properties—Red Rock Casino, Green Valley Ranch, Sunset Station or Palace Station.
Not only will students get to stay on the property, but they will also be provided with meals.
There are several departments looking to hire interns for this upcoming Summer 2022 internship such as marketing, social media/PR, hotel, Human Resources, casino operations, culinary, food and beverage and finance.
While getting paid, interns have an opportunity to gain hands-on experience in their field of study with “day-to-day operational learning.”
Another added bonus is that every Friday students get to be part of a “Think Tank” project. This portion of the program is when students collaborate with Station Casino leaders and operations teams to pitch ideas and strategic plans to enhance the company.
These weekly meetings prepare students to write research papers and deliver full presentations at the end of the program to an executive committee member.
Let’s dive into all the requirements for this Station Casinos internship.
Summer Internship Requirements
For students considering applying to this program, there are some basic prerequisites. Below is an outline detailing all of the job qualifications and physical requirements.
- Ability to communicate in both written and verbal form effectively with Guests, Team Members and Management.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Be comfortable working independently, but also function effectively as a team member.
- Be a fast learner, multitasker that is flexible. versatile and adaptive to a fluid environment.
- Ability to handle tasks under minimal to moderate supervision while being well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Proficient in utilizing a PC computer and application software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer
- Speak, read and write English fluently.
- Maintain a well-groomed appearance and keep a professional manner.
- Meet and follow departmental and company policies and procedures, including dress code.
- Must be able to do college level coursework in business, hospitality, finance, food & beverage, marketing, communications, or related concentration.
- Must be 21+ for most division placements.
Interns require normal, corrective vision range, the ability to see color and the ability to distinguish letters, numbers and symbols.
About Station Casinos
The company’s philosophy is to give back to the community “throughout every level of operation.” Station Casinos partnership, Smart Start schools initiative with Clark County School District (CCSD), aims to help elementary schools with volunteer and financial support to help provide needed resources for classrooms.
Station Casinos has contributed more than $2.6 million to local high-need elementary schools since 2001.
Casinos also strives to create a diverse work environment. They recruit, employ, train and advance talented team members of different racial and cultural backgrounds, ages, religious beliefs and alternative lifestyles.
From team members to guests to vendors, they are committed to diversity in all aspects of their business. Respect, trust and dignity are a priority valued and integrated into building a great workforce.
CLICK to follow us on Google News and never miss a story!