THE 100 LIST FEATURES THE MOST INFLUENTIAL PEOPLE IN LAS VEGAS,
WHO ARE SHAPING THE CITY ON THE STRIP AND OFF THE STRIP
About Alex Dixon
Alex Dixon is the president west region of PureStar and serves on The Nevada COVID-19 Response, Relief and Recovery Task Force.
Alex Dixon’s Notable Career Achievements
– President west region, PureStar, a unified family of commercial laundry companies spanning three countries and 25 U.S. markets across North America.
– Former president and COO of Circus Circus Hotel & Resort, who shepherded the $825 million sale of Circus Circus Hotel & Resort, the 11th largest resort and casino in North America.
– Former opening general manager of MGM Springfield Casino Resort & Spa in Springfield, Massachusetts, where he was responsible for the day-to-day operations at the $950 million resort
– Former investment banker with Goldman Sachs, where as an analyst he worked on the $638M IPO of Jackson Hewitt as well as Disney’s $7.5B acquisition of Pixar
– 2003 graduate of Howard University in Washington, D.C.
Mergers and acquisitions, restructuring and development
In March of 2020, he was tapped by Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak to serve as one of only eight Nevadans on The Nevada COVID-19 Response, Relief and Recovery Task Force, a public-private partnership to lead the state’s recovery efforts and headed by former MGM CEO Jim Murren. In addition to spearheading numerous initiatives for the task force, Dixon serves as the task force’s finance chair. Additional volunteer experience includes board member Governor’s Office of Economic Development, trustee of the Vegas Chamber of Commerce, former Treasurer of Habitat for Humanity Las Vegas, President of the Las Vegas Urban League Young Professionals and an appointment by the Clark County Commission to serve on the Committee on Community Priorities.
Alex Dixon is the husband of Yindra Dixon and father of Alex, Jr. and twins, Parker and Peyton.
If you have noticed a typo, please let us know.